19 Nov Printer Maintenance Error
HP Perform Printer Maintenance Message
In this video we will show you how to replace a maintenance kit in an HP LJ 4000, 4050 and 4100 series printer. Once the maintenance kit has been replaced we will show you how to reset the maintenance count and clear the perform printer maintenance error.
Required Parts and Tools
- Phillips head screwdriver
- 2 feed rollers for each paper tray
- 1 fuser assembly
- 1 transfer roller
What is a “Perform Printer Maintenance Error Message”?
The perform printer maintenance error is a scheduled maintenance for your printer. Replacing the printer’s maintenance kit is much like changing the oil in your car. For the HP LJ 4000, 4050 and 4100 series printers this maintenance is required every 200,000 pages.
How Long Should it Take To Replace the Printer’s Maintenance Kit?
Replacing the printer maintenance kit in the HP LJ 4000, 4050 or 4100 series printer should not take longer than 20 minutes.
How to Replace an HP Printer Maintenance Kit
- Turn the power off and unplug the power cord
- Remove the feed rollers from the paper trays and printer
- Remove the toner cartridge and transfer roller
- Remove the back cover and fuser assembly
- Wipe away dust and loose toner using a soft cloth
- Reinstall the fuser, back cover, transfer roller, toner cartridge and feed rollers
- Reset the maintenance count to clear the error message
How can I order a Printer Maintenance Kit or get help with installing a maintenance kit?
Call 888-930-6209 to purchase a maintenance kit or for help with installation of a maintenance kit purchased from The Printer Repair Group.